Requiem for a queer

Monday, March 21, 2005

The strategy element 6: takes advantage of others' resources

Mary comes to me, her hands firmly closed on a folder.
"Whazup?" I ask annoyed.
"I've got it" she whispers.
"You have *what*" I'm still annoyed.
She casts her careful glance around the office than she open the folder, just a little enough to let me discern what is in.
I control my nerve and I say (as the view cut no ice with me) "So?".
She bows her head on me "Please, I'd like to have one with his picture".
I simulate indulgence "You know, it could upset him".
"Oh! Don't worry about that. No one will see it. I'll keep it in a safe place away from here"
"Hm..."
"Please!"
I hesitate, finally I smile. "All right. I'll do it".
She is radiant with happiness "Thank you! I'll pay for a drink".
"No problem".
She goes away, the folder is in my bag. Inside of it a glossy, flawless, lovely portrait of my boss.